Thursday, May 5, 2011

DLynne Artdolls

DLynne Artdolls


OOAK Fairy "Nymeria"

Posted: 05 May 2011 08:23 AM PDT


What a beautiful day it was today. I tend to want to spend much time outdoors enjoying the sunshine. I do most of my art work after dinner and into the wee hours of the night. This way I can enjoy the sunshine and get things done during the day. And while everyone sleeps I am up playing with fairies. ;-)

Here is my latest little fairy creation! She is a sleeping fairy and rests atop a handmade pink silk pillow.



Purple was my mood for this fairy. With the recent Royal Wedding, I couldn't help but feel in the mood for purple. Purple is royalty. And all little girls love purple. I believe when I was young it was my favorite color.



Her name is Nymeria (prounounced "Ny-meer-ia"). She measures about 6 1/2 inches.


Her dress is hand dyed silk accented with sterling silver glitters and pretty feather weight ribbons. Her shoes are also dusted with sterling silver glitter. It i so hard not to get carried away with this sterling glitter. I just love it. It shines like white gold.



I will be adding her to my Etsy shop this week. So look for her in my shop soon!

You can view more of her FLICKR photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment