Friday, May 20, 2011

DK Books and Other Stuff

DK Books and Other Stuff


2011 Pinewood Derby Videos

Posted: 19 May 2011 09:06 PM PDT

I was not able to take a lot of videos of Daniel and Daryl's Pinewood Derby heats as Daniel had a school competition going on. We were actually driving back and forth since the other competition is also important. I'll be posting the details of that later. For now, here are a few of the videos.

This is Daryl's first heat. His car is the 3rd one from the right on this view. On 0:14 seconds, you will see that Daryl's car started to skid. I told him that his car Drifted (referring to the Tokyo drift on one of the Fast and the Furious movies). His car finished 3rd but jumped a bit after hitting the end of the track.

On this heat, Daryl's car is the 2nd one from the right. It appears that his car finished 2nd on this race.

This is Daniel's 1st heat of the competition. His car is on the 3rd lane from the right. If I remember correctly, he probably finished 6th on this one. I can't tell from the video because it looks like his car ended the same time as the other car.

Another heat with Daniel's car. His car is on the 4th lane from the right. It was obvious on this video that his car finished 4th.

I saw Daniel was a little bit frustrated because his car is way behind the other cars. But as I posted earlier, he won the Most Unique car and that wiped away the frustration.

I just hope next year's schedule wouldn't be as hectic as this year so I can take more videos and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment