Sunday, October 30, 2011

Nipper's Nook

Nipper's Nook


Finger Stakes

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 02:53 PM PDT


Before I get started blowing sprinkler lines and assisting in biology and chemistry labs, I needed to make something special for my wife's Halloween party at work. So, I decided that the easiest (Yep, I'm lazy) thing to do, would be to make my Cheesy Bread and try and make them look like fingers.


photo of cheesy bread finger stakes



What I did was make the actual recipe and then added a few things to it:

Olives...cut into fourths for the finger nails
2 Tbsp of the Garlic Sauce (yes, yet another shameless link) and I added some red food coloring to it.

Once the bread sticks were ready to be dressed, I cut a slit in the end of each one and placed one of the olive slices. I then took the garlic sauce, with the red food coloring added, and painted the other end of the bread stick. Finally, I placed a stick (stake) up the middle of each one, which is why I can call them: Finger Stakes :-)

I then dressed and baked the little guys as normal.



Here they are before being covered with cheese...

photo of cheesy bread finger stakes


Ready for the oven...

photo of cheesy bread finger stakes


Boxed-up and ready to go...

photo of cheesy bread finger stakes

No comments:

Post a Comment