Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Indoor Street Art by Paul Baines

Indoor Street Art by Paul Baines


Anarchy in the UK

Posted: 09 Aug 2011 12:34 PM PDT

Yep, I couldn't resist chipping in on this one, even if I am nowt to do with it. There are a lot of rumours flying about concerning the UK riots. I've been flipping between the news and Twitter and from what I can gather….

The government line: It's not a protest, it's just naughty children, and we will lock them all up.

The people: It's not a protest, it's just naughty children, can someone please lock them all up.

The disinterested observer: What about the Olympics?

The (mad) man on the street who wasn't even offered a microphone "There are two sides to the argument. Next targets will be ********** & *** ****** ** ********** (at this point I have taken legal advice from my imaginary lawyer and decided not to specify possible target areas of further insurrection in case I am in some way incidentally accused of masterminding a generation of disaffected youths to bring down the powers that be.) The man on the street concludes with a call for anarchy in the UK before, who I assume to be his slightly embarrassed son, pulls him away from camera.

Old Lady waving her bag in the air whilst kicking imaginary disaffected youths: Bring back elocution…. err… I mean electrocution.

Young rioter: Give me your wallet or I'll jab ya.

Parents: It's the parents' fault.

Darcus Howe: CENSORED BY THE BBC.

The banking community: (Who the **** cares what they think).

The community youth worker and p/t philosopher: It's all about a lack of opportunity, a lack of work, youth centres, ready cash, phones, consoles, Nikes and bling.

The ex-Police Commissioner: Plastic bullets are too good for them. Plus due to the cuts we can only afford foam ones.

BBC Reporter: I bloody live in Clapham.

Sky Reporter: More explosions, fires and broken shop windows after the break.

Amazon: reporting 6,000% increase in sales of Aluminium Baseball Bats over the past 24 hours.

You make up your own mind…

Coalition

Posted: 09 Aug 2011 08:18 AM PDT

Coalition Print by Paul Baines

Here's a new print to keep the few and faithful occupied while I battle with my first painting. It's called 'Coalition' and it's available in print at ArtFlakes. It's my first print with these guys so give them a visit if you can, they're based in Germany and sell right across the globe. 'Coalition' features a hunting dog holding a dead duck in its mouth, each in the colours of the Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties. So much for Britain's future. Prints available from £10 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment